Enrollment for 2019-2020 is open!
WAY Academy of Flint is a tuition-free charter school and is accepting applications for the 2019 - 2020 school year.
WAY Academy of Flint serves grades 7-12 on a campus near downtown Flint. We are a tuition-free Public School Academy serving students and their families through a blended learning model. Our school is authorized by Lake Superior State University according to the Michigan Revised School Code.
Why WAY ACADEMY OF FLINT?
- Engaging Projects - Students explore authentic, engaging, and real-world problems
- College and career support - Prepares students for college and success in their career of choice
- Blended Learning - Students work online and in-person for their courses.
- Accredited - WAY Michigan is nationally accredited by AdvancEd and chartered by Lake Superior State University.
- Make Your Schedule - Learn at a pace that suits you. Opportunity to either accelerate or consolidate to quality.
Starting this year, you must enroll in our new online enrollment system, SchoolMint. Click the link below to start your online enrollment,
If you need help using Schoolmint, you can use the video tutorial below or the Contact Us button to contact the school staff.
WAY Academy of Flint
817 East Kearsley
Flint, MI 48503
8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- How do I enroll my child at WAY Academy of Flint?
- What documents are required?
- Where can I get an application?
- Do you provide free transportation?
- Does it cost tuition to attend?
- Do you provide free / reduced meals for students?
- Do you provide special education services?
- Do students have to wear a uniform?
- What are the age limitations for enrolling?
- Do I need to be up to date on my immunizations?
- Can I graduate early?
- Can I transfer credit to WAY Academy of Flint?
There are several steps to enrolling your child in WAY Academy Flint:
- Application - Parents or guardians must submit a paper or online application, including the required documents. Use the links above to apply online, download the application, or come to the school in person.
- Meeting - Parents and student must meet with the Assistant Director of WAY Academy Flint in person at the school.
- Orientation - Students come to their orientation at the school, this is called Induction.
- Home Visit - When eligible for home technology, students will get a home visit to ensure success in working at home.
You will be asked to submit the following documents:
- Birth Certificate
- Student ID - Options include state ID, drivers license, previous school ID, bridge card, etc.
- Parent ID - If student is 18 / 19 years of age, this is not required
- Up to date immunization records
- Student's last report card / transcript
- IEP / 504 Files - If applicable
For the 2017 - 2018 school year, all WAY Academy of Flint students receive free breakfast and lunch.
As a reminder, please make sure to complete the Household Information Survey. This must be completed every school year by new and current families
Yes, you can graduate early! When you graduate depends on the amount of credits you have when you come to WAY Academy of Flint with and how motivated you are to finish! Check the Graduation Requirements page for information on how many credits are required to graduate from WAY Academy of Flint.